3.23.2013

Dear computer, I missed you... not!

My dear computer died almost 2 weeks ago. After a moment of panic, I had to deal with the fact that I was going to live without it for a couple of days. I sent it to the tech to see if it was in any way fixable and after 3 days I was told it was going to cost me a lot of money and the guy wasn't sure if it would still work. The good news, my datas were not lost. And I had to buy a new computer. For a total of 6 days I couldn't work on my design contracts or waste my time on Facebook, so I decided to pretend computers don't exist.

It was one of the best week in a long time. I did what I never have enough time to do.

A cup of tea. A candle. A book. Watercolor, old magazines, scissors, glue.

In the end, it was the best thing that could happen to me. I have a brand new iMac now but I decided to turn it off after 7pm to do what I never have enough time to do.

A cup of tea. A candle. A book. Watercolor, old magazines, scissors, glue. And a lot of time, precious, quiet time with myself.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah fantastic! don't you love it when something good comes from something you thought wasn't going to be so good. That's a nice thing you are doing for yourself.
~Dawn

Zamzam Design said...

I looove when 'bad' things turn out to be a good thing, especially when I'm being patient and hopeful that it'll be for the best :).