12.01.2009

Word of the week: Winter


Winter: 1. The usually coldest season of the year, occurring between autumn and spring, extending in the Northern Hemisphere from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox, and popularly considered to be constituted by December, January, and February. 2. A year as expressed through the recurrence of the winter season. 3. A period of time characterized by coldness, misery, barrenness, or death.

What else can I say. She's here. Yesterday, I woke up to see her first flakes, her white blanket, her biting cold wind. Every year the same thoughts. Will I survive her grey mornings, her short days, her cold nights?

Oh Winter! Let me see your good sides, show me your qualities! Please, please winter, don't be so harsh on me this year!

Oh Winter! Be gentle and be quick, so my dearest Spring can come back soon...

No comments: