12.18.2008

I tried.... making my own boxes

Making our own custom cards and boxes can be very easy when we have a template at hand. I just discovered, some time ago, a site where you can find all kinds of original boxes, envelopes and cards templates.

The author recommend to use a special tool (bone folder) to score fold lines. For thick paper and cardboard I simply use a pizza cutter, it’s very effective and avoid damaging cardboard and leaving marks.

If you want to increase or decrease the size of templates, you just need to use a photocopier and resize them as you wish.

I personally tried a couple of the available templates and the result was very satisfying. On the photo you can see a puffy box, made from a page of vintage children book.

A nice way to personalize our gifts and reduce our consumption!

1 comment:

Dot said...

really cute design. you have some gorgeous stuff :)