11.07.2008

Door Open

I'm fascinated by doors. A mysterious, discreet invitation to discover what is on the other side... A door usually gives very little clue about what is going on inside. It is just there. Tempting yet dissuasive. Suggesting an infinity of possibilities but never easily revealing what it is hiding.

I'm attracted by doors. I secretly, in my head, open some of them and imagine what is beyond what we see. It can be nice and beautiful. It can be sad, pitiful. I can be ugly, dark.

I'm inspired by doors. I like to paint them. My doors are hiding a lot of secrets, pain, memories but you see only the bright colors of the wall surrounding them. Entrance is forbidden.


5 comments:

jeweledrabbit said...

Beautiful. You are a very talented lady.

Hafsa said...

i like doors too. especially the masjid entrances!

Staceydotdot said...

Wow! you painted these doors? They are beautiful! I love the old arabic style doors with the gorgeous metal designs and bolts on them. Oh Id also love one of those faerie doors, like the tiny one in Alice in Wonderland!

Hajar Alwi said...

Assalamualaikum,

Such beautiful artworks. ^ Doors do have that mystifying allure to it. I suppose, in real life we are walking doors. From the outside, we may seem as something else ... , yet upon opening the doors to our soul, only then do people realize the truth in us; the well guarded secrets that are kept inside. :)

W'salam,
Hajar

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Tabarak'Allah, so so lovely! I yes, I can understand your fascination with doors :D

Jazaki'Allahu khair for sharing.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana